I like knitting and I love yarn a lot as a result I buy a lot now I have enough to keep me going for years I do not need to buy more I cannot store more, in the knitting world this is known as stash, so here is my journey it starts today with baby steps but come 01.01.11. I will take full control.
Here is my 7 point plan:
- if I knit then it must be from my stash unless it is a gift for someone (even then it should be stash if possible, I can claim the full cost any yarn bought to make a gift once it is knit)
- if some one asks me to knit for them they must buy the yarn (I don't often knit for others as a rule)
- I can ask for and receive gifts of yarn (or money for yarn)
- I can give gifts of yarn
- I can swap or sell yarn (the money made can go in my yarn fund)
- I can buy yarn but it must come out of my yarn fund.
- I can earn yarn fund by knitting 1 pence for every meter of yarn I knit ( This is per finished item UFOs do not count if I finish a WIP I can count this for my fund)
UFO unfinished object - things you start to knit and never finish
WIP work in progress, anything on the needles that you are paying some attention to after a while it become a UFO
Now here is the big thing the FUND
I have already made the commitment to go to Harrogate with my mother so there is no way I can go and not buy yarn I also have some Knit Picks on order (this is not available in the UK so in being imported from the USA)
My fund is £100 now here is the scary part I have probably spent more than that in the last month on yarn and yarn related products.
I'm not sure how the fund will last a decent yarn is £6-£15 and around 100-350 depending on weight but I know if I stick to this I will reduce the amount I have by a lot and that is what I need to do.
So feel free to follow me and support me a few friends are going to join me on this journey.
I plan to post with updates on my makes and buys and I might if I'm brave enough share some stash photographs but as I can't physically store my yarn in one place it will have to wait.